A native of Hawkinsville, Georgia, Dr. Jennings earned his undergraduate degree from Furman University in South Carolina. His medical degree was awarded from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia. He completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Bowman Gray School of Medicine, serving as Chief Resident his final year. During his residency, he completed a Fellowship in Adult Reconstructive Surgery at the prestigious Princess Margaret Rose Orthopaedic Hospital in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Dr. Jennings began his professional practice of Orthopaedic Surgery in Winston Salem in 1973. Since 1986, his practice has been in the Forsyth Medical Park, adjacent to Medical Park Hospital. He specializes in adult reconstructive and arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder.
Long a supporter of the arts in Winston Salem, Dr. Jennings also enjoys traveling abroad (especially to England) with his wife and the outdoor sports of fly fishing and shooting.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- British Orthopaedic Association
- International Arthroscopy Association
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Medical Association
- North Carolina Orthopaedic Association
- Forsyth Medical Center
- Medical Park Hospital
- Basic OR Setup for Arthroscopy, Williamsburg, VA, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 1982
- Complications in Arthroscopy, Seattle, WA, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 1983
- Arthroscopic Management of Tibial Plateau Fractures, New Orleans, LA, Arthroscopic Association of North America 1984
- Osteosynthesis of Radial Head Fractures, Las Vegas, NV, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 1985
- Arthroscopic Debridement: Alternative of Total Knee Replacement, San Francisco, CA, Arthroscopy Association of North America 1986
- Arthroscopic Management of Patella Tendinitis (Jumpers Knee), Houston, TX, Arthroscopy Association of North America 1987.
- Arthroscopic Management of Intra-articular Fractures, Hilton Head, SC, Arthroscopy Association of North America 1988
- Arthroscopic Surgery in Osteoarthritis: Expectations & Reality, Luzern, Switzerland, German Speaking Arthroscopy Association 1989
- Fractures, SLAP Lesions & Biceps Tendon Problems, New Orleans, LA, Arthroscopy Association of North America 1990
- Arthroscopic Management of Rotator Cuff Tears, Washington, DC, Cherry Blossom Seminar 1991
- Arthroscopic Evaluation and Treatment of the Long Head of the Biceps, Monterey, CA, Arthroscopy Association of North America 1992
- Future of Orthopaedic Medical Practice in the United States, Paris, TN, Arthroscopy Study Seminar 1993
- Arthroscopic Management of the Degenerative Knee, Columbus, GA, Hughston Clinic 1994
- Arthroscopic Subacromial Decompression Technique, Savannah, GA Center for Advanced Training and Research 1995
- Arthroscopic Repair of Rotator Cuff, Nassau, Bahamas, Cherry Blossom Seminar 1996
- Management of Osteoarthritis of the Knee, Myrtle Beach, SC, NC Academy of Family Physicians 1997
- Arthroscopic Treatment of Knee Fractures, Cancun, Mexico, International Course on Arthroscopic Surgery 1998
- Re-Appraisal of the Management of Patients with Osteoarthritis, Washington, DC, McNeill Consumer Healthcare Doctors Network Consultants Update 1999
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Orthopaedics Today: Arthroscopic Management of Intra-articular Fractures About the Knee.
- Annual of Arthroscopy: Arthroscopy in the Management of Osteochondral and Chrondral Fractures.
- Arthroskopie bei Knorpelschaden und bei Arthgrose: Arthroscopic Surgery in Osteoarthritis. Edited by Werner Glintz, Enke, and Stuttgart.
- Reconstructive Knee Surgery, 1993; Arthroscopic Management of Intra-articular Tibial Fractures. Edited by Douglas Jackson, 1994.
- Current Techniques in Arthroscopy, Osteochondral and Chondral Fractures if the Knee. Edited by J. Serge Parisien, 1995.
- Operative Arthroscopy; Edited by John McGinty, 1995.
- Advanced Arthroplasty: Arthroscopic Assisted Fixation of Fracture About the Knee; Arthroscopic, Management of Rotator Cuff Tears
- The Surgeon, the Science, and the Association; Arthroscopy Association of North America, San Francisco, CA, 1995.
BOOKS IN PROGRESS
- Arthroscopic Management of the Degenerative Knee