Dr. W. Bryan Jennings earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Georgia and his medical degree from Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery. After completing a general internship and orthopedic residency at Ohio University’s Grandview Hospital and Medical Center in Dayton, Ohio, he was awarded a Fellowship in Sports Medicine / Arthroscopy from Orthopedic Research of Virginia. During his fellowship he was a member of the medical staff caring for the Washington Redskins, as well as many Richmond, Virginia area high school and college athletes.
A native of Charlotte, Dr. Jennings returned closer to home to begin his orthopedic practice. Dr. Jennings is Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery, specializes in shoulder and knee reconstruction, and enjoys practicing general orthopedics.
In his spare time, Dr. Jennings enjoys spending time with his wife and children and occasionally fly-fishing or playing a round of golf.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- Forsyth-Stokes-Davie County Medical Society
- North Carolina Orthopaedic Association
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Forsyth Medical Center
- Medical Park Hospital, Chief of Staff 2009, Orthopaedic Section Chief 2006-2009 and 2011-present
- Chief of Staff, Medical Park Hospital 2015-2016
PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair using the suture loop shuttle technique. Thal R, Jennings WB, Heusch WL. Arthroscopy. 2007 May;23(5):561.e1-4. Epub 2007 Feb 14.
- W. B. Jennings, Goradia, V.K., et. al. “Sizing of meniscal allografts: Comparison of plain radiographs, magnetic resonance imaging, and cadaveric measurements.” Podium presentation Virginia Orthopedic Society Meeting, Spring 2004; poster presentation American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting February 2005 – Washington, DC, publication pending.
- M.A. Mighell, W. B. Jennings, M.A. Frankle. “Techniques in shoulder & Elbow Surgery.” 4(2):84-88, June 2003.
- J.D. DiCicco, W.B. Jennings, J.E. Saunders. “Effects of Retrograde Femoral Intramedullary Nailing on Anterior Cruciate Ligament Femoral Graft Position: A Cadaveric Analysis.” Publication pending.
- A.F. Infante, M.C. Albert, W.B. Jennings, J. T. Lehner. “Immediate Hip Spica Application for Pediatric Femur Fractures: A Review of 175 Patients.” Poster and presentation – Orthopaedic Trauma Association Annual Meeting, October 1998 – Vancouver, British Columbia; presentation American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting, February 1999 – Anaheim, California; Clin. Orthop.376: 106-12, 2000.
- D. A. Warren, S. E. Bowen, W. B. Jennings, C. E. Dallas and R. L. Balster. “Biphasic Effects of 1,1,1-Trichloroethane on the Locomotor Activity of Mice: Relationship to Blood and Brain Solvent Concentrations.” Toxicological Sciences 56, 365-73, 2000.